Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day

We're supposed to get 15 cm of snow, from now (2 am) until tomorrow at some point. I am not happy about this. I do not like snow. I do not like slippery sidewalks and heaping piles of snow at the curb. I dislike the sounds of shovels scraping pavement and the crunch of salt under my shoes as I cling to the railing, making my way down the stairs.

In short, I do not like snow. Or the cold, for that matter. Having a screw in my leg makes it hurt all that much more. I am unsteady on my feet and am often mistaken for a drunk because of how I walk. Snow just makes it worse.

I'm sure I used to like snow. Maybe. At some point. All kids do, right? I just don't see the fun in going outside, getting turned into an icicle, just to make a snowman who (in this part of the world) is going to melt in 24 hours. This scenario makes no sense to me.

Anyways, so here's hoping that the snow doesn't fly tomorrow. In the meantime, I've been working on The Student Magazine and its coming along great! Despite last minute additions from the guy in charge (frustrating!) I've managed to put together a magazine that's only waiting for artwork. Wahoo! The majority of the work is done done done!

The issue comes out in the middle of January, so look for it. It'll be excellent. But no promises.

Hey, if it snows a bunch I can call in sick to work. And physio. Hmm ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment