Thursday, January 8, 2009

And It's Only Going Up From Here

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are going to be insanely busy days - and an insanely busy "cycle." There's about a week's worth of reading for the same class IN BETWEEN the second class of the week, but I only have Tuesday to do it, in theory. I'm going to have to do some reading ahead of time and go from there. I'm enjoying the classes so far though.

I've been involved in the planning and executing of a Disability Awareness Day since almost the first day of school. I was so frustrated with my difficulties maneuvering around campus that I wrote a letter to the president of the university, which was transfered to Employment Equity officer, Anne Carrick. She has been an amazing inspiration to me, and has helped me to advocate on the behalf of those who don't. So we, along with a planning group, have been planning this event (and the strike set us back) but then half the group (the half that doesn't show up) decided today to cut our Day down to an Hour and I got really mad and yelled and almost cried, but then I got my way. So it all worked out. I'll hopefully have some videos up of the day later in the month (it's January 28th) so you'll be able to see how it all worked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment